top of page

animal control

Animal Control is a contracted position by the City for the purpose of impounding stray dogs and dogs running at large. Every person owning a dog six months or older is required to have a dog license. Licenses may be purchased at the Police Department within City Hall.

For more information on dog license, please view the ordinance online or contact City Hall.

Pit Bull Dogs are prohibited within the City limits.

Call the Police Department at 620-767-5200 to report stray dogs and dogs running at large within the City limits and at Council Grove City Lake Park.

bottom of page